Pincode Directory of India
Select the state to see pincode with post office address, taluka, district, state and contact details. The site has listed over 1,13,380 post offices with 1,38,994 pin codes in AllCodesIndia directory.
What is Pincode?
The Indian postal department uses a Postal Index Number (PIN) or Pincode for identifying delivery post office address location. The PIN code is a 6 digit number and the numbers are divided into 9 postal zones. The first digit represents the region, the second digits represent the sub-region, the third digit represents the district of the state and the remaining three digits represents the branch location of the postoffice.
Pincode / Post Office List by State
Listed here the state wise pincode of all delivery and non-delivery post offices in India.
|1||Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|8||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|9||Daman and Diu|
|15||Jammu and Kashmir|
Postal Zones in India
- 1 - Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab
- 2 - Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand
- 3 - Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Gujarat, Rajasthan
- 4 - Chhattisgarh, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra
- 5 - Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana
- 6 - Kerala, Lakshadweep, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu
- 7 - Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal
- 8 - Bihar, Jharkhand
- 9 - Army Post office (APO), Field Post office (FPO)
- The first digit indicates the region of the state.
- The second digit indicates the sub region of the postal circle.
- The third digit indicates the postal district of the state.
- The last 3 digits indicates the delivery Post Office.